STOCK MARKET REPORT by GRIMALDI & PARTNERS
LAST MONTH REVIEW
The international stock markets ended September with some significant losses.
- Investors fear of the troubled Chinese real estate sector in light of the Evergrande crisis.
- Concerns about rising inflation and slower economic upturn at the same time.
- Rising oil prices are likely to show that the global supply deficit is significantly larger than expected.
- Fear of the feared departure from loose US monetary policy and thus the prospect of a reduction in Fed stimulus.
- The need to raise or suspend the US debt ceiling emerged.
Particularly noticeable at TITLE LEVEL:
Covid-19 drug from ROCHE shows effect in clinical study
Corona therapy from Roche has shown effects in clinical tests. According to the Swiss pharmaceutical company, the preparation Ronapreve significantly reduced the viral load of Covid-19 patients treated in hospital in a phase II / III study and thus achieved the main goal. The cocktail made from the drugs casirivimab and imdevimab is already approved for emergency use in several countries such as the USA, Great Britain and Japan.
Weko opens investigation against SWISSCOM Directories
The Competition Commission (Weko) has opened an investigation against Swisscom and its subsidiary Directories. The reason for this is a possible violation of the antitrust law.
As part of the investigation, it is now to be checked whether Swisscom Directories actually has a dominant position and is abusive within the meaning of the Cartel Act.
Criticism of pricing policy - With the introduction of Swiss List, Directories fundamentally changed the price and the conditions for adding entries to the telephone directory, complains the Weko. Various products and services would now only be offered as a bundle. According to an initial assessment, this could lead to a hindrance to competitors and to the disadvantage of the opposite side of the market
You can order the full version of our stock market blog or subscribe. Simply send us your request by email to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest!
© 2021, Grimaldi & Partners AG